Contact us

All times are UTC - 8 hours

[ 4 posts ] 

When attempting to create a DWTObject when Dynamic Web TWAIN is not installed on the user's machine, we get a steady stream of JavaScript errors that look something like
Code:
WebSocket connection to 'ws://127.0.0.1:5491/' failed: Error in connection establishment: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

In the context of our application, installation of the scanner component is optional, since we have separate support for file uploads as well. Is there a way to prevent all of these attempted connections, or alternatively, a way to check for installation of Dynamic Web TWAIN on the client machine before we attempt to create the DWTObject? We want to be able to support an "upload only" mode without a constant stream of errors coming in on the JavaScript console.

Hi Bsullivan,

Please try initializing Dynamic Web TWAIN manually using Load().

Regards,

Vincy,

Thanks for your reply, but I'm not sure I understand. Calling Load() doesn't prevent the repeated WebSocket requests from happening, nor does it tell me whether the component is installed on the client machine. Could you describe in a bit more detail the solution you're proposing?

Hi Bsullivan,

Load() method allows you to load Dynamic Web TWAIN manually. Once you need the upload only mode, you can unload() our component and there will be no prompt to install nor the WebSocket error. When scanning part is needed, you can then call Load() to get it.

Regards,

[ 4 posts ]