Contact us

All times are UTC - 8 hours

[ 4 posts ] 

I am using "DynamicWebTWAINHTML5Edition", because we have own viewer, so the default built-in preview feature is not necessary for us. I read "Dynamic Web TWAIN Developer's Guide.pdf", and seems we have to create a container div such as:
<div id="dwtcontrolContainer"> </div>
Also I noticed there is a canvas node generated by Dynamic Web Twain.

I just want to use scan(load local image) facility, I want to use SaveAs* method to save images into local file system(or upload to server), then I can use our own viewer to display them.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Roman,

Thanks for contacting Dynamsoft support team.

Quote:
seems we have to create a container div such as:

Yep. But if you would not like to see it in your screen, you can simply change it into 1*1 size or move it to a remote place in the page using “position” attribute. And then define the contained object as something like DWObject in our sample.

Quote:
Also I noticed there is a canvas node generated by Dynamic Web Twain.

Yep. The <canvas> label is a strong one in HTML5.

Quote:
I just want to use scan(load local image) facility, I want to use SaveAs* method to save images into local file system(or upload to server), then I can use our own viewer to display them.

You can use the SaveSelectedImagesToBase64Binary()
method to convert the image to a base64 string, after that you can display them in your own viewer.

Please feel free to contact me if you need any further assistance.

Vincy wrote:
Hi Roman,

Quote:
seems we have to create a container div such as:

Yep. But if you would not like to see it in your screen, you can simply change it into 1*1 size or move it to a remote place in the page using “position” attribute. And then define the contained object as something like DWObject in our sample.

Hi Vincy,

Thanks for your response, the information you provided is really helpful for us:)
Today, I tried to set style - "display:none" with the container node. But yes, I think your comments about using "position" attribute and 1*1 size is a better choice.

Another concern for us is although it is not visible to user, but after all, it exists in the
background, so I am not sure how built-in viewer works(maybe also using base64 data to display image?), so is there any potential impact on performance(Although maybe the impact is less)? And maybe it consumes extra resources?

So it would be great if facility for scan or load images from local file system is separated with viewer, this is just my thought. What do you think of that?

Hi Roman,
I’m glad that my advice works for you.

For your concern in the viewer consuming extra resources, my answer is yes. To reduce the memory consumption, you may call RemoveAllImages() to clear up the scanned image data from Web TWAIN buffer after calling SaveSelectedImagesToBase64Binary().
In fact, many of our clients would like to see or edit the scanned page, so we build the viewer together with the scan and load facility. But I will pass on your suggestion to our R&D team for future consideration.

Thanks!

[ 4 posts ]