Contact us

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Offline Profile  

Currently, we need to scan all documents and then we can start to process the documents to separate it by batch using barcode and create a pdf file per batch.

There is a way we can create a pdf file immediately after the scanning process complete for each batch ? Something like asynchronous process.

Thank you.

Offline Profile  

Hello Razali,

Thank you for contacting us.

May I ask what kind of application are you building, desktop or browser based?

If it's a desktop application, I recommend you to download the 30-day free trial version of Dynamic .net TWAIN 5.4.

After install the trial version, you can find a ProcessScannedDocumentsWithBarcodeSeparators sample under C:\Program Files (x86)\Dynamsoft\Dynamic .NET TWAIN 5.4 Trial\Samples\C# Samples, which is using barcode as separators to save pdf files when doing batch scan.

Please let me know if it works for you.

Regards,

Offline Profile  

Hello Catherine,

Thank you for your reply,

Before that i'm apologise using a wrong word from my earlier post. It should be synchronous not asynchronous.

We develop a desktop based application and currently trying the sample program you mention. However the sample required user to scan all documents first and then separate the documents by barcode and finally generate pdf files . It is a 3 asynchronous steps.

What we trying to achieve is a synchronous process. The split process can happen at the same time the scanning process occur. Example we have 10 application forms and each form has 5 pages. The first page of each form has the barcode. Can we split the documents the moment the barcode has been identified and generate the pdf file even the scanning process still continue.

Example process flow:

Put all 10 forms to ADF scanner -> Start scanning -> found barcode on first form -> continue scanning -> found barcode on second form -> split all pages for first form and generate the pdf file -> continue scanning -> found barcode on third form -> split all pages for second form and generate the pdf file -> continue scanning -> and so on -> Scan completed

Thank you.

Offline Profile  

Hello Razali,

Thank you for your detailed explanation.

What you required can also be done by Dynamic .net TWAIN. You only need to move the barcode detection and file saving function into OnPostTransfer Event.

We don't have a existing sample for this, but I think you can still refer to the sample I mentioned in previous post.

Please let me know if you need any further info.

Regards,

Offline Profile  

Help, Please.
I must be missing something basic.
I just can't get scanning to work smoothly without putting up a silly popup.

private void button2_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) // this is the "scan PDF to C" button on Form1.cs
{
dynamicDotNetTwain2.OpenSource();
dynamicDotNetTwain2.IfShowUI = false;
dynamicDotNetTwain2.IfFeederEnabled= true;
dynamicDotNetTwain2.IfAutoFeed = true;
dynamicDotNetTwain2.XferCount = -1;
dynamicDotNetTwain2.MaxImagesInBuffer = 50;
dynamicDotNetTwain2.IfDuplexEnabled = this.chkDuplex.Checked;

// 2/24/15 OnPostTransfer opt = new OnPostTransfer(dynamicDotNetTwain2_OnPostTransfer); << lets try this
//OnPostTransfer opt = new OnPostAllTransfers(dynamicDotNetTwain2_OnPostAllTransfers); << now try this

// this should trigger a call to OnPostAllTransfers after the last page is scanned.
// but the image index is -1 and so SaveAllAsPDF does not work.
OnPostAllTransfers opt = new OnPostAllTransfers(dynamicDotNetTwain2_OnPostAllTransfers);

// this starts the scanner nicely. and the code sits here while the pages are scanned.
dynamicDotNetTwain2.AcquireImage();

// 2/24/15 the only way to get SaveAllAsPDF to work and save the PDF file, is to put a msgbox up.
// don't know why this makes it work.
MessageBox.Show("Document scanned." + "\n\nReady to save to database.");
//Thread.Sleep(5000);

// From the docs, it doesn't seem like I should have to call the SAVE logic for the scanned image.
// but if i take this call out OnPostAllTransfers(dynamicDotNetTwain2_OnPostAllTransfers) does not call the "dynamicDotNetTwain2_OnPostAllTransfers" sub
opt();
}

Here's the routine that gets called only if I explicitly call OPT()
private void dynamicDotNetTwain2_OnPostAllTransfers() // line 158 of from1.cs
{ //fires after each scan

Utils.Logger.Info("AsystScanner/dynamicDotNetTwain2_OnPostTransfer: Starting" , "AsystScanner/dynamicDotNetTwain2_OnPostTransfer");

string strFileName;
//Utils.sPDFFile = @"C:\AsystScanner-" + DateTime.Today.ToString("yyyy-MM-dd") + DateTime.Now.ToString("-HH-mm-ss") + ".pdf";
//strFileName = Utils.sPDFFile;

Boolean bComingFromTestButton;

if (Utils.sPDFFile == null)
{
Utils.sPDFFile = @"C:\AsystScanner-" + DateTime.Today.ToString("yyyy-MM-dd") + DateTime.Now.ToString("-HH-mm-ss") + ".pdf";
strFileName = Utils.sPDFFile;
bComingFromTestButton = true;
}
else
{
strFileName = Utils.sPDFFile;
bComingFromTestButton = false;
}
//dynamicDotNetTwain2.SaveAsPDF(strFileName, dynamicDotNetTwain2.CurrentImageIndexInBuffer); //save each scanned image as a different PDF file
Boolean bSuccess;
bSuccess = dynamicDotNetTwain2.SaveAllAsPDF(strFileName); //save each scanned image as a different PDF file

if (dynamicDotNetTwain2.ErrorCode == 0)
{
//MessageBox.Show("File Scanned and Saved. Click OK to save to Database.");
}
else
{
MessageBox.Show(dynamicDotNetTwain2.ErrorString + dynamicDotNetTwain2.CurrentImageIndexInBuffer);
return;
}

Offline Profile  

Hi jsantora,

Did you get the scanning issue resolved yet?

If you need any further help, please let me know if there is any error message for troubleshooting. Or, you can simply contact our team at Live Chat for instant help:
http://www.dynamsoft.com/Support/LiveHelp.aspx

Offline Profile  

razali wrote:
Currently, we need to scan all documents and then we can start to process the documents to separate it by batch using barcode and create a pdf file per batch.

There is a way we can create a pdf file immediately after the Microfiche scanning process complete for each batch ? Something like asynchronous process.

Thank you.

Hello,
Can I know which brand's scanner do you have??
Because I need to buy a scanner which provides good scanning and I don't know which type of scanner will be the best. That's why I am seeking help of you. Do you have any brand in mind??
Thanks in advance

Last edited by daniel123 on Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Hi Daniel123,

Please refer to this article.

Regards,

Offline Profile  

Hello,

My scanner becomes so old, now it will give some problems in scanning. It doesn't scan documents properly.

So please suggest me some good document scanning device with latest and unique features?

Thanks in advance.

Scanning microfilm service

Last edited by nandy1234 on Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Hi Nandy1234,

Thanks for contacting Dynamsoft.

Unfortunately, I'm not good at picking hardware. Please check with the market staff nearby.

Regards,

Offline Profile  

Vincy wrote:
Hi Daniel123,

Please refer to this article.

Regards,

Hello Vincy,

Thanks for the reply, It is really helpful for me.