Contact us

All times are UTC - 8 hours

[ 5 posts ] 

Hello,
We are using DynamicWebTWAIN with a RICOH Aficio MP 2352 scanner using it on some x64 (win7) computers we run into a problem the scan doesn't work no source found.

We installed the RICOH Aficio MP 2352 scanner x64 drivers on the computer.
I tried with internet explorer in 32bits and 64bits nothing more.
I checked with TWACK the device is seen with TWACK_32 but not with TWACK_64.

I checked on the C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files folder of the computer only the X64.cab has been deployed on the computer. I tried to unzip the X86.cab in the same folder and then it worked.

So I have a question is that normal ? I mean doesn't the X64.cab should package the x86 binaries or at least be able to list the x86 sources ?

Hi Isilog2

In fact, most scanners only have 32-bit TWAIN drivers available.

So if you would like to use Dynamic Web TWAIN ActiveX Edition for x64, please make sure there is a 64-bit twain driver available for your device. Otherwise, it won't be possible to show the device in the drop-down list (because it only looks for 32-bit drivers).

In your case, it seems you only installed a 32-bit driver for your RICOH Aficio MP 2352 scanner.

FYI, to have the best compatibility, you may let your IE users install x86 CAB only no matter what version (32-bit or 64-bit) of IE they are using.

Thanks,

That's exactly what I did (install the x64 bits drivers) but it seems that rihco packaged the x86 as the x64 (checked with TWACK).

You said :
"FYI, to have the best compatibility, you may let your IE users install x86 CAB only no matter what version (32-bit or 64-bit) of IE they are using." how can I achieve that ?
Is there a way to intall both on the client ?

And also does that mean the activeX is not able to list x86 and x64 like the firefox / chrome version do ?

Hi Isilog2,

To install both x86 and x64 ActiveX on your client machine, the end user should use 32-bit IE and 64-bit IE to visit your scan page. Obviously, it is not convenient to do so. We also provide MSI files (x86 and x64) which you can deliver to your end users for manual installation (double check the MSI to install). If interested, please email support@dynamsoft.com for the MSI files.

Isilog2 wrote:
And also does that mean the activeX is not able to list x86 and x64 like the firefox / chrome version do ?

Actually, the HTML5 edition for Chrome or Firefox can only access x86 twain drivers, as its scanning service is built in 32-bit mode.

[ 5 posts ]